• Call Now: 1 888-240-2663
Se Habla Español
Toll Free : 1 888-240-2663

How do I bond someone out of immigration?

A blue and white logo for speed.

To bond someone out of immigration, the first step is to contact a professional immigration bondsman. This individual will help post bail for an immigrant detained and held by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The bondsman will work with you to determine which type of bond is required. Two main types of bonds are available: the Delivery Bond and the Voluntary Departure Bond.

A Delivery Bond may be necessary if you wish for your loved one to remain in the United States while their case is pending. This type of bond guarantees that the immigrant will appear at all court hearings related to their immigration case. This bond can range from $1,500 to $50,000, depending on the specific circumstances.

On the other hand, a Voluntary Departure Bond may be necessary if you want your loved one to depart from the United States voluntarily before their court hearing. This type of bond sets aside any potential fines or fees related to voluntary departure and guarantees that your loved one will appear at all court hearings required by ICE. The amount for this bond varies depending on each individual’s unique situation but typically falls between $1,500 and $25,00.

When paying for a bond, it is essential to remember that money placed as collateral must be in U.S. currency and cannot be refunded until after all hearings have been completed and deportation proceedings concluded—even if the person being bonded out remains legally in the country or leaves voluntarily beforehand. Therefore, it is important to be fully informed before taking such action to avoid losing funds unnecessarily.

How do I bond someone out of immigration?